Wow, it’s been since April 23rd since I last wrote. I really didn’t think it had been that long. In my head, I write lots of posts on my runs and yes, I’ve been running! But then I wonder if I should keep the blog or not because it’s not really purposeful but ya know, it did use to be fun. So no, I don’t have any illusions about the importance of this blog other than the fact that in the past it got me more excited and focused on my healthy living accomplishments. For that reason alone, I’m going to try blogging more again. Among the numerous topics I’ve had bouncing around my head…
- Getting back to running regular 5Ks
- Nagging to worsening injuries (but not from running!)
- Body pump class
- Switching from heel strike to midfoot strike running
- Buying my transitional running shoes
- Music playlists for running harder
- Breaking down and finally getting an armband for my iphone even though it makes me nervous to run with it.
- New nutritional foods i’ve tried in getting healthier
- Finding ways to stop the middle age/office worker spread
…and more. But most importantly, I have been so good about my consistent workouts and in fact increased my workouts recently to at least 5 sometimes 6 days a week. At least 3 runs, 2 body pump, and some elliptical thrown in. I think Phil and I are even going to start playing some tennis. It’s all rather encouraging to me that even though I can’t figure out the food situation, I haven’t given up and I’m still out there sweating.
Just as we tell our niece, don’t ever give up!